Pistol Qualification/ Minimum Competency StandardParticipants will be evaluated on two performance phases. Participants unable to demonstrate safe gun handling and pass the basic pistol qualification will be disqualified.
Phase I. Safe Gun Handling
Participants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Safety Rules – Understanding and explanation of the fours safety rules
- Safe Line – Understanding of safe muzzle direction and range commands
- Presentation – Draw from holster to low ready position or up on target
- Holstering – Slowly return back to the holster – NO speed re-holstering!
- Loading – Load firearm to full or partial capacity
- Unloading – Completely clear firearm of any ammunition
- Reloading– Drop or retain magazine
|2||7||Standing||3||2 to Body|
1 to Head
|Set up for|
|Make a two|
|3||10||Standing||2 reload 2||Body||1||4|
All five strings of fire must be shot from the holster (no time limit):
Scoring: 1 point per round inside target area (50% or better breaking the line). Pass or fail status is determined by Range Master’s evaluation of Phase I and Phase II performance.
Ranking: Team assignments are based on performance evaluation and score.
- All guns are always loaded
- Never let the muzzle cover anything you’re not willing to destroy
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target
- Identify your target and what is behind it